Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious salad! This recipe is from the revised Joy of Cooking. Prep time is time to prepare the bacon and eggs and assemble the other ingredients. All that can be done in advance.
- 1 bunch Baby Spinach, trimmed,washed,and dried (or save time and buy a bag)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked,crumbled
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings, reserved
- 2 -3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled,sliced into rounds
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds (I recommend *not* omitting these)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons other herbs, combination
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Place the spinach in a salad bowl.
- In pan with 2 T reserved bacon drippings, combine vinegar, mustard seeds, herbs, onion, and sugar.
- Heat the dressing until just before it begins to boil and pour over the spinach greens.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- Garnish with sliced eggs.
- Serve immediately.