- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach
- 4 thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- mandarin orange section
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In hot, nonstick frying pan, brown the almonds for 30 sec.
- Wisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Arrange spinach on 4 dinner plates, topped with mushrooms.
- On low heat in olive oil, saute red onion with minced garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add dressing mixture and almonds to the onions.
- Top salads with mandarin orange sections and hot dressing.
- Serve immediately with rolls.