Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Good variation to the typical salad.
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach
- 4 thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- mandarin orange section
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In hot, nonstick frying pan, brown the almonds for 30 sec.
- Wisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Arrange spinach on 4 dinner plates, topped with mushrooms.
- On low heat in olive oil, saute red onion with minced garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add dressing mixture and almonds to the onions.
- Top salads with mandarin orange sections and hot dressing.
- Serve immediately with rolls.
I Love this recipe! It's so yummy. didn't change a thing. Thx for sharing!
This is very impressive - a nice salad course salad. Delicious, too. I bought fancy whole grain mustard just for this salad and it was totally worth it.
Exactly like the one I had at a 5 star restauant!!