1/1 Photo of Warm Spinach, Fig, and Prosciutto Salad with Honey Balsamic Vina
This dish was created to combine two of the foods I enjoy most, leafy greens and figs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup julienned red onion
- 2 ounces prosciutto, diced small
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 sliced fresh figs
- kosher salt
- freshly ground white pepper
- 1Clean and rinse the spinach leaves and keep them in the fridge until ready to use.
- 2In a medium saute pan over medium high heat, add the olive oil, shallots and garlic.
- 3Cook, stirring, 45 seconds.
- 4Add the red onion and cook, stirring, one minute longer.
- 5Add the proscuitto and toss just until hot.
- 6Add the honey, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 7Add the chicken stock and vinegar to the pan to deglaze, scraping up any flavorful bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- 8Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the luquids are reduced by one quarter, about 5 minutes.
- 9Remove the pan from the heat, drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil, add the sliced figs and salt and pepper to taste, and stir.
- 10Distribute the spinache leaves among the serving places.
- 11Spoon some of the warm ham and fig vinaigrette over each serving.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Spinach, Fig, and Prosciutto Salad with Honey Balsamic Vina
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.5
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 111.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: