Recipe by sofie-a-toast
adapted from Martha Stewart. no mayo here!
Top Review by Rita~
I used baby kale in place of the spinach. Added fresh chopped parsley lot of black pepper and red pepper flakes. I upped the garlic to 6 cloves.:) Served with cubed fresh made bread, crackers and fresh sliced veggies for dipping. Thanks!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus more for baking dish
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs spinach, cleaned, trimmed, and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 8 ounces reduced-fat bar cream cheese
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 6 dashes hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- coarse salt and pepper
- baguette, slices for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large pot, heat oil over medium. Add onion and garlic; cook until lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add spinach in two additions, letting the first batch wilt before adding the next; cook until completely wilted, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a colander; drain, pressing to release all excess liquid.
- In the same pot, warm milk over high heat. Whisk in cream cheese until melted, about 3 minutes. Add spinach, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and 1/2 cup mozzarella; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste (I use a generous amount!). Pour into a lightly oiled 1 1/2-quart shallow baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Bake until bubbly and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot with bread.