Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve as a firt course, or a light luncheon dish with whole grain bread. You can vary the flavor and texture by substituting apples, peaches, papayas or melon for the pear. Taken from the Family Circle Cookbook.
- Place spinach in large bowl.
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Remove to paper towel to drain.
- Discard all but 3 tablespoons of bacon drippings from skillet.
- Add oil to drippings in skillet and heat.
- Add onion; cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boiling.
- Remove from heat.
- Add pear to spinach.
- Pour hot dressing over spinach and pear; toss well to coat.
- Crumble bacon and sprinkle over salad.
- Serve immediately.
A nice change of pace from the usual salads. I really liked the pear slices in the salad. The dressing is little tangier than I prefer, but I did enjoy the salad. The combination of bacon and pears worked well together. Made for My-3-Chefs Nov. 2009.