Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Can be served either as a snack or a lunch dish. This can also be reheated gently in microwave.:)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 120 g Baby Spinach
- 100 g feta
- 2 -3 tablespoons creme fraiche
- salt & pepper
- Saute the onion and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add the spinach and toss over gentle heat until wilted.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add feta and pulse to combine.
- Add in enough creme fraiche to make a soft dip and season to taste.
- Serve with crostini etc.
- Note: To make crostini - pan fry both sides of angle sliced slices of french bread in a little olive oil over a moderate heat until light golden brown, or bake lightly brushed with olive oil, slices of french bread.
FAB! As I knew I was going to serve this as a vegetable accompaniment, I did not pulse it in the blender. I made it with all the same ingredients and crumbled the feta into the spinach for the last few minutes of cooking, along with a little creme fraiche. This has all my favourite things in it, what is not to like about feta, onions, spinach and garlic with creme fraiche?! Made for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #30 - many thanks Jen! FT:-)
What a tasty way to eat your spinach! This was sooo good I could probably eat the whole thing for a meal. It was even better the next day though, after mellowing overnight.