Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple, fresh ingredients make a bold, memorable salad.
- 6 cups spinach leaves
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 4 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Combine the spinach and basil in a large salad bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and pine nuts; mix well.
- Sauté until the pine nuts are brown.
- Add the prosciutto; mix well.
- Cook just until heated through, stirring constantly.
- Pour over the spinach mixture, tossing to coat.
- Season with the salt and pepper; sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
Great change from the ordinary! I made it without the prosciutto (didn't have any on hand) but it was delicious none the less. The warm dressing is just perfect, we loved the toasty pine nuts. Will make this again and with the prosciutto next time! Thanks s'kat!
Liked salad after dressing coooled off.
Loved this thanks. I had a red capsicum needing using so popped that in and after a taste, I added a splash of white wine vinegar.