Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Australian Good Taste magazine
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup rum
- 6 apples, cored, cut into wedges, pink lady apples are best
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves
- Combine water, sugar and cinnamon sticks in large pot.
- Stir over low heat for 5 minutes till sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat, bring to the boil, simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- Stir in rum, simmer another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Meanwhile use a juice extractor to juice apples - or sub apple juice.
- Add apple juice and mint leaves, stir to combine.
- Serve warm.
I enjoyed this lovely soothing drink. Unfortunately my drink currdled, it didn't look pretty but tasted excellent. I used handpressed apple juice and fresh spearmint leaves (only ones still growing in the garden). Loved the addition of mint to the rum drink. Thanks for sharing your recipe kate.