Recipe by Little Old Me
This is a nice twist to traditional rice, and our family loves it served with the garlic soy chicken dish. My baby fondly calls it rice pizza *S*
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup green onions or 1⁄2 cup white onion (Chopped)
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil (Divided)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend eggs, soy sauce, and salt& pepper.
- Slowly stir in cornstarch, may be slightly lumpy.
- Then add rice and onions.
- Heat 2 tsp oil over medium heat.
- When hot, add rice mix, spreading evenly in the bottom of the skillet/pan.
- Let it cook for about 5 minutes, shaking the pan frequently (Important step, shaking prevents the cake from sticking!).
- Remove cake and place on a large flat plate.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in same skillet/pan.
- Flip to uncooked side and cook about 5 minutes more, or until golden brown.