Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick dessert to serve for family and company that is a healthy alternative to a baked pie or crisp. If you want to make it a bit "less healthy" serve topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping. :-)
- Peel/core apples and cut into thick slices.
- Toss together the apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg either in a bowl or put in a zippered plastic bag and shake until coated.
- Cook apple mixture, 2 tbls. of water and 1 tbls. of butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender - but not mushy.
- Serve just as is or top with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.
These were delicious with our pork chops! Will be making them many times in the future...thanks for posting the recipe!
These apples were delish and I served them on their own as I did not have vanilla ice cream or whipped topping. I do think that the apples would shine much more with either the ice cream or a whipped cream to balance the flavour of the nutmeg and cinnamon. I am sure that with this balance it would be a 5 star recipe. Super easy to put together.
Wonderful! Made as-directed and served with grilled pork chops - Grilled Pork Rub. (The BF loves apples and pork!) Thanks so much for sharing!