Top Review by Montana artist
This is a great salad, quick, easy, no dressing required, with protein in the shrimp and cheese. I don't like gorgonzola, or feta, used what I had which was a mixed shredded cheese, didn't have any radish sprouts, and used bacon. I added a little sliced red pepper to the shrimp for extra color. The dish was tasty, filling and a perfect lunch or supper dish.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 -2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 slice prosciutto, chopped (if in a pinch, cooked crumbled bacon will do)
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb crumbled gorgonzola (crumbled feta may be substituted)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 -2 bermuda onion (depending on size)
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped (flat leaf or curly)
- radish sprouts
- fresh ground pepper
- romaine lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- First, chop the avocados, tomatoes, and Bermuda onion into bite sized pieces and mix in bowl with the chopped parsley.
- Next, saute the chopped garlic in the olive oil in a frying pan until fragrant.
- Add the prosciutto and saute for a minute or two, or until just beginning to brown.
- Add shrimp, and toss until they are opaque.
- Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Add lemon juice, and half of the cheese.
- Toss together and immediately add to chopped vegetables and toss again.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of salad and top with radish sprouts.
- Serve over a bed of Romaine lettuce.