Prep 8 mins
Cook 7 mins
My friend gave me this recipe. It's a salad with pizzazz!
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb cooked medium shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 cups salad greens
- Saute onion and garlic in butter 1 minute.
- Add shrimp; cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Place greens on plates; top with shrimp mixture.
This is such a simple, yet impressive salad! Loved the herbed dressing. Since the shrimp are already cooked, I added them during the last 4 minutes of simmering to avoid them getting rubbery. I served this over baby spinach. Definitely an elegant salad that guests will love. Thanx for sharing!
Inez....great shrimp salad. I had a challenge when I wanted to cut it down to one serving. Here is what I did. I used 1/4 lb. shrimp and kept all the other ingredients the same. I figured if I had some dressing left over I could use it.. This salad rocks! The flavors are really fabulous together, the plate looked beautiful and elegant. It made a great evening entree for me. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful recipe! Love~~