Recipe by Leslie in Texas
Fast and fresh-capers give a Mediterranean twist to this salad of potatoes and shrimp. It's simple, quick to prepare, and full of interesting flavors--the perfect light lunch or dinner for those warm summer months ahead! Select the smallest red potatoes you can find for the fastest cooking time. While the potatoes cook, peel and devein the shrimp, if necessary, and make the dressing. Originally from a local paper's food section.
- 1 lb small red potato, quartered
- 3⁄4 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 (5 ounce) bag gourmet salad greens
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a medium size saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 12 minutes or until tender.
- Add shrimp; cook 2 minutes or until done.
- Drain and rinse with cold water; drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk,capers,vinegar,salt, mustard and pepper, stirring with a whisk.
- Add potatoes, shrimp and onion; toss to coat.
- Serve over salad greens.