1/5 Photos of warm shredded shoulder of lamb
8 hrs 10 mins
Lesley Booth's Note:
This dish is so cheap and easy to make and tastes absolutely delicious. We have it as a warm supper in winter, and with a salad in the summertime It's absolutely delicious - try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the carrot and onion into very large chunks and place into a roasting tin, together with the lamb shoulder and the peeled garlic cloves.
- 2Pour the pint of water over the lamb.
- 3Cover the roasting tin with foil and bake in a slow oven (around 140 degrees) overnight or for around 8-10 hours.
- 4If you don't have enough time for this, roast at 170 degrees for around 3-4 hours.
- 5Remove the lamb from the roasting tin and place on a rack to drain for around ten minutes.
- 6The lamb should"fall apart" and the carrots are wonderfully juicy and tender.
- 7Shred the lamb onto a serving plate If pomegranetes are in season, squeeze the seeds over the shredded lamb for a lovely warm summer salad.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for warm shredded shoulder of lamb
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 27.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: