Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
BHG Dinnertime Express
Make and share this Warm Scallop Salad With Toasted Sesame Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups dried gemelli pasta (8 oz.)
- 6 cups shredded Chinese cabbage or 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar or 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces fresh sea scallops or 12 ounces shrimp
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water and drain again. In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, cabbage, and green onions. Divide mixture among four dinner plates.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, in a small bowl stir together vinegar, 2 tablespoons or the oil, the soy sauce, honey, and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- Rinse scallops; pat dry. Set aside. In a skillet cook and stir the sesame seed over medium heat about 5 minutes or until toasted. Remove from skillet.
- Add remaining oil ot skillet. Add scallops. Cook and stir for 1 to 3 minutes or until scallops are opaque. If desired, place romaine leaves on top of pasta mixture on plates. Place the scallops in romaine leaves. Drizzle dressing over salads and sprinkle with toasted sesame seed.