Recipe by Oolala
This is from local community cookbook. My husband loves scallops so I thought I'd post this but I haven't tried it yet.
- 14 -16 sea scallops
- 1 red bell pepper, large, seeded, cored and cut into match sticks (can use 1 small red and 1 small yellow for color)
- 3 (16 ounce) bags mixed salad greens (red leaf, bibb, arugula, watercress, radiccio, and or or endive are nice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger juice
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice scallops horizontally into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
- In a pan of boiling water, blanch the sliced peppers for 1-2 minutes and rinse under cool water and pat dry.
- Make the dressing by combining the first 6 ingredients and then whisk them in the oil and set aside.
- On 6 large salad plates, arrange small mounds of the mixed greens, top with peppers and keep the plates cool.
- In a large frying pan, heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add the shallots, saute for a minute and push to the side.
- Salt and pepper the scallops and saute until opaque and just golden on one side.
- On salad plates, arrange scallops, browned side up, around mounds of greens and drizzle dressing over salad and serve immediately.