Recipe by Normaone
This recipe is coupled with the "Cheese Baskets" recipe that is also in the data base. It's wonderful for a dinner party or anytime just for fun. Prep time does not include the making of the cheese baskets. Both recipes are from Bon Appetit
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 3 tablespoons hazelnut oil or 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 4 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 16 large sea scallops, split horizontally in half
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 cups assorted baby greens
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk vinegar, mustard and sugar in a small bowl.
- Gradually whisk in both oils.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside at room temperature.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels and set aside.
- Leave drippings in Skillet.
- Add cumin to skillet and cook 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add scallops and cook 30 seconds per side until opaque in center.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and remove from heat.
- Place baby greens in a large bowl.
- Toss with enough dressing to coat.
- Arrange 1 cheese basket on each plate.
- Fill with salad mixture.
- Top with warm scallops and sprinkle with pine nuts and bacon.