Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this in a taste of home. I want to keep it for next holiday season.
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb round sourdough loaf
- assorted cracker
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell (save removed bread for another use).
- Spoon cheese mixture into bread shell.
- Wrap in a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 24 inches x 18 in.).
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Serve with crackers.
The first time I had this was at a friend's house during a potluck after church. I was one of many to ask for the recipe that day! It is SO GOOD!! Love this recipe!