Recipe by newtocookingm&m
Warm slightly tangy Sausage Potato Salad, not creamy! I saw this recipe while running on the treadmill watching Paul Deen's Best Dishes, her son Bobby was on the show and gave this recipe. I took it to a tailgate party because it wasn't creamy and thought it might do better sitting out and everyone LOVED it! Even my husband who hates potato salad! I used the Dijon Mustard recipe: Dijon Mustard since we usually don't have Dijon on hand.
- 1 -2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb kielbasa, slice 1/4 inch (any type)
- 1 stalk celery, chop
- 2 green onions, slice (I use the white part also)
- 1 big garlic clove, minced tiny
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tangy Dijon mustard (I used Dijon Mustard, didn't have any on hand)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Boil potatoes till fork comes goes through easily, maybe 20-25min?.
- 2.While potatoes are cooking Cut Kielbasa in 1/4 slices.
- 3. Heat frying pan w/ a little cooking Canola Oil and brown Kielbasa, set pan aside when done.
- 4. When potatoes are done put into colander to cool slightly.
- 5. Chop Celery and Green Onions set aside.
- 6. Mince garlic and put in small bowl for sauce.
- 7. Add Sauce ingredients: Olive Oil, Dijon Mustard, Red Wine Vinegar to small bowl with garlic, stir and set aside.
- 8. Chop potatoes w/ skin on into bite size pieces then place in large bowl.
- 9. Salt and Pepper the potatoes how you like them. (I love salt on potatoes!).
- 10. Add, chopped Celery and sliced Green Onions and Sauce to Large bowl.
- 11. last add browned Kielbasa and stir well!
- 12. ENJOY!