Recipe by M&Mers
This colourful dish is fast and easy to make. The Dijon mustard gives the dressing a nice tangy taste. This recipe serves 4 adults.
Top Review by yamakarasu
Very nice. I loved the little zing from the Dijon and red wine vinegar. I'm not a fan of raw onions so I ended up sauteing the onions, garlic, and red pepper until soft, then combined all the ingredients in the saucepan to heat up till serving.
- 2 lbs new potatoes, cut in half if large
- 1⁄2 lb green beans
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced into short, thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1 lb Italian sausage (mild or hot)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place Italian sausage in a frying pan and cook until no longer pink inside.
- Slice into 1/4 inch thick pieces and set aside.
- Boil or steam unpeeled potatoes until tender (about 15 minutes).
- Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine vinaigrette ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to boil on stove.
- Reduce temperature to low until ready to use.
- Cut beans in half.
- Microwave on HI for about 4-5 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Gently combine sausage, potatoes, beans, red pepper strips and red onion.
- Whisk warm dressing and pour over potato mixture.
- Stir gently to coat sausage and veggies.
- Serve warm.