Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This light salad tastes wonderful but I am guessing at prep. time, it certainly didn't take very long.
- 400 g potatoes, washed,cut into 1 cm cubes (about 1/2")
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup horseradish cream
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- 1 baby romaine lettuce or 1 lettuce, of choice
- 100 g smoked salmon, sliced and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato
- Preheat oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F).
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper and place potatoes into a bowl with garlic, salt and pepper and 1 tbs of the olive oil, toss to coat.
- Spread potatoes over baking tray, roast for 20 mins or until tender, cover and set aside.
- While potatoes are cooking heat remaining oil in pan over medium heat, add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar to onions and cook for 5 mins or until caramelised, remove to a plate, cover and keep warm.
- Make dressing by whisking horseradish cream and sour cream together.
- Combine lettuce, potatoes, onion, tomatoes, salmon with dressing in a bowl, toss gently and serve.
Mm Mmm. Delicious last minute whip up tonight. Used canned salmon and fresh tomatoes (as I didn't have dried tomatoes and smoked salmon on hand). Was so tasty, quick and easy. A definite make again recipe. Thank you for posting it.