Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This salad is remarkable. The potatoes fry up crispy on the outside and tender on the inside of the thin slices and provide a hearty balance to the slightly tangy dressed salmon and the spicy arugula greens. From an ArcaMax.com email. (I have prepared this using leftover broiled salmon instead of the canned.)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 small new potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 (7 ounce) cans boneless skinless salmon, drained
- 4 cups arugula
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes and cook, turning once, until brown and crispy, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate and season with ¼ teaspoon salt; cover with foil to keep warm.
- Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, shallot and vinegar in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in buttermilk.
- Place salmon in a medium bowl and toss with the warm dressing.
- Divide arugula among 4 plates and top with the potatoes and salmon.