Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
With salmon, flaxseed, and olives, this meal is packed with omega-3 and mono unsaturated fats. From Cooking Light. Wonderful light dinner. My husband and I both enjoy this one immensely!
- 3⁄4 lb salmon fillet
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons caesar salad dressing (flaxseed version, Caesar Dressing With Flax Seed)
- 10 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 teaspoons capers
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped black olives
- 4 slices French bread, toasted
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- Place fish, skin side down on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 12 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork (or grill).
- Remove skin from fish.
- Break fish into chunks.
- Drizzle juice and Caesar dressing with flaxseed over salad greens, tossing to coat.
- Add onion and capers, toss gently to combine.
- Divide salad evenly among 4 plates.
- Divide the fish chunks evenly among salads.
- Top each bread slice with 1 tbsp olives, spreading with a knife.
- Cut each slice in half.
- Serve immediately.
Well, I really enjoyed this salad! I love capers and black olives, and this salad tasted so good with them. Thanks so much for this recipe!