Recipe by Marina K
A recipe from "Clean Eating" magazine, spring 2008. This salad makes a wonderful lunch or light dinner, and has a spring-like freshness to it that makes it very appealing. Serve over a bed of baby spinach and garnish with lemon wedges if desired.
Top Review by kelly.lawver
This was good, but a little light-it felt like something was missing. I chose to make it ino a salad with the salmon and couscous over a bed of baby spinach. Next time I'll drizzle a little vinaigrette over it to add some extra flavor.
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can canned salmon, packed in water
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup couscous (we use whole wheat)
- 1 cup Baby Spinach, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth, boiling
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, choped
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure broth into a large microwave safe bowl. Heat on high to boiling point (about 3 minutes) then add couscous, chili powder, lemon zest and spinach.
- Stir, cover tightly and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add salmon, carrot, lemon juice, green onions, and walnuts.
- Fluff with a fork and serve immediately on a bed of lettuce or spinach leaves.