1 hr 12 mins
This recipe is from Chef Patrick Raux; a genial man with a perennial smile on his face. He is as passionate about food as any Frenchman who loves good food could be. I came across this recipe in today's City Times and it looked good to me, so here it is! The number of servings, preparation time and cooking time are all guesswork since the recipe had none of these mentioned, I just guessed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 600 g small white beans
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 carrot
- 2 white onions
- 3 -5 cloves
- 1 bouquet garni
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash paprika or 2 pimientos
- 1 fresh garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, xeres
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions
- 1 shallot
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 big conserve duck legs
- 4 slices foie gras
- parsley, to garnish
- 1In a skillet, put white beans, carrots, onions, cloves, a bouquet garni, pepper, paprika (or small pimentos) and garlic.
- 2Cook till the small white beans are tender.
- 3After boiling, remove the aromatic herbs; reserve.
- 4Now prepare the French dressing with red onions.
- 5For this, in the bottom of a jar, mix together 2 red onions with 10 cl of chicken broth (or vegetable broth) and pimento.
- 6Add a tablespoon of vinegar xeres and 2 tablespoons of olive oil; reserve.
- 7Now prepare the fresh tomatoes sauce.
- 8For this, cut the unskinned tomatoes into thin slices.
- 9Pour over them a dressing sauce with salt, pepper, pimento, garlic, shallot and a tablespoon of olive oil; reserve.
- 10From a conserve duck, remove the skin of 2 legs and crumble the meat.
- 11Poach these pieces of meat for 2 minutes; reserve.
- 12Fry fresh slices of foie grass.
- 13Add salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
- 14Warm up for about 2 minutes, the white beans in their stock; strain.
- 15Add the fresh tomatoes and seasoning.
- 16Place the mixture in the centre of a plate.
- 17Cover on the top with duck meat and a slice of foie grass.
- 18Sprinkle with fine herbs.
- 19Add the dressing with the red onions all around the salad of white beans.
Browse Our Top Duck Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Salad of Small White Beans, Conserve Duck and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.4
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 271.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: