Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a really nice alternative to the traditional potato salad. A really great winter salad.
For the vinaigrette
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
For the salad
- 500 g kipler potatoes, steamed and sliced
- 150 g baby spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons chives, snipped
- 4 eggs, boiled
- 2 tablespoons asian fried shallots (optional)
- Place vinaigrette ingredients in a large high sided frying pan.
- Mix and place over medium heat.
- Add potatoes to the pan along with the spinach.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- Remove to a salad bowl and break over eggs.
- Sprinkle with chives and the Asian shallots.
- Season and serve.