Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 7 mins
I found this recipe in the Chicago Tribune. I'm posting it here for safe-keeping.
Make and share this Warm Salad of Beef With Avocado-Mango Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) New York strip steaks or 1 (8 ounce) sirloin steaks or 1 (8 ounce) rib eye steaks
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
Vinaigrette and greens
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon other vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 8 ounces mesclun or 8 ounces other fresh salad greens
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 avocado, peeled cut into medium dice
- 1 mango, peeled cut into medium dice
- 1⁄4 red onion, cut into small dice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lime, juice of
- hot red pepper sauce
- Season steak with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill, saute or broil to medium rare, about 3 1/2 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and let rest 10 minutes.
- Vinaigrette: Whisk the vinegar, mustard and salt in a small bowl.
- Whisk in a few drops of oil to form an emulsion.
- Continue whisking while adding remaining oil in a slow, steady stream.
- Whisk in honey.
- Toss greens with vinaigrette.
- Combine salsa ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Divide dressed greens among plates.
- Mound salsa in center of greens.
- Slice steak on the diagonal into thin strips. Fan out across top of salsa.