Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe in Cuisine at Home. This wonderful side dish is just a bit different from anything else I have tried. It combines roasted vegetables with a horseradish vinaigrette served atop salad greens. It is terrific for weekday meals or special company dinners. Enjoy!
- 2 cups asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 cups button mushrooms
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cups mesclun
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare vegetables and spread on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, stir to coat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast 10 minutes.
- Whisk together olive oil through honey. Season to taste with salt and pepper and pour over hot roasted vegetables.
- Spoon over mesclun mix just before serving.
Refreshing and comforting! I doubled the tomatoes using grape tomatoes. I blended the dressing ingredients using scallions in place of the shallots. I used fresh baby greens from the garden. Delish!!!! Thank you for a wonderful healthy side.
Yummy! I really enjoyed this warm with the dressing. Great light supper! Thanks!
So good- and easy-looks colorful. Dressing is delicious- the horseradish really gives it a unique flavor. Would like to try it as a marinade.