Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a super fast recipe of roasted chicken and vegetables. Light and satisfying, it's good for you. Adapted from Dr. Oz's Warm Chicken-Orzo Salad.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 4 celery ribs, cut into sticks, then 1/2-inch lengths
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat penne, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat water to cook pasta.
- On one side of an 18x12" jelly roll pan, toss vegetables with garlic, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/8 teaspoon each oregano, black pepper and salt. Spread in an even layer.
- Cut chicken breasts in half like a book, making 2 cutlets of each; then cut into 1" chunks.
- On the other side of the same jelly roll pan, toss chicken, lemon pepper, 1 tablespoon oil and 1/8 teaspoon each of oregano and salt. Spread in an even layer.
- Roast15 minutes or until chicken is done (160F).
- When pasta water comes to a boil, add 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook pasta following label directions while chicken and vegetables roast.
- Drain pasta and put into a large heatproof bowl.
- When chicken and vegetables are done add them and any juices to the bowl with the pasta.
- Add lemon juice and toss well.