1/1 Photo of Warm Roasted Chicken Salad With Whole Wheat Penne
Deb Wolf's Note:
This is a super fast recipe of roasted chicken and vegetables. Light and satisfying, it's good for you. Adapted from Dr. Oz's Warm Chicken-Orzo Salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 4 celery ribs, cut into sticks, then 1/2-inch lengths
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat penne, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Heat water to cook pasta.
- 3On one side of an 18x12" jelly roll pan, toss vegetables with garlic, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/8 teaspoon each oregano, black pepper and salt. Spread in an even layer.
- 4Cut chicken breasts in half like a book, making 2 cutlets of each; then cut into 1" chunks.
- 5On the other side of the same jelly roll pan, toss chicken, lemon pepper, 1 tablespoon oil and 1/8 teaspoon each of oregano and salt. Spread in an even layer.
- 6Roast15 minutes or until chicken is done (160F).
- 7When pasta water comes to a boil, add 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook pasta following label directions while chicken and vegetables roast.
- 8Drain pasta and put into a large heatproof bowl.
- 9When chicken and vegetables are done add them and any juices to the bowl with the pasta.
- 10Add lemon juice and toss well.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Roasted Chicken Salad With Whole Wheat Penne
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.3
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 609.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 31.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: