Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 large rome apples, peeled, cored, and sliced (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To prepare apples, line a jelly-roll pan with foil. Coat with cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar and next 5 ingredients (through apples) in a large bowl; toss to coat.
- Place the apples in a single layer on baking sheet; top with 1 tablespoon butter pieces.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Turn slices over; bake an additional 20 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- To prepare sauce, combine granulated sugar, water, lemon juice, and corn syrup in a small, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat; cook 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Cover, increase heat to medium, and boil 30 seconds. Uncover and boil 3 minutes or until golden (do not stir).
- Remove from heat; let stand 1 minute.
- Carefully add 2 tablespoons butter, stirring until butter melts. Gradually add pomegranate juice, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth.
- Return to heat; cook over medium-low heat 8 minutes or until thickened. Cool.
- To serve, spoon 1/4 cup ice cream into each of 8 small bowls. Top each serving with about 3/4 cup roasted apples and 1 tablespoon sauce.