1/1 Photo of Warm Roast Potato and Shrimp Salad
This simple but smart dish is actually meant to to be eaten when ready and still warm. If you rather want this as a cold salad, parboil the potato slices gently until just cooked through, and cool, and do the same with the prawns.Please taste the dressing, as mayonnaises differ so much, from bland to too tangy! Home-made is still the best, but then one needs a little more time! So adjust the dressing to your taste, especially the lime-lemon juice! You will see from my instructions that I often use pinches and splashes, so I have to explain carefully!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large potatoes (or 8 smaller ones, or baby potatoes, about 2 - 2 1/2 lb)
- 59.16 ml oil (of your taste)
- 59.16 ml butter (or olive oil)
- 453.59 g shrimp (large, headless, peeled, raw, can be frozen, 500g)
- 118.29 ml cream (not a thick cream)
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise (not too bland)
- 14.79 ml lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 14.79 ml lime zest (or lemon zest)
- 4.92 ml mustard, smooth
- 44.37 ml parsley, finely chopped (about, can use more or less)
- 14.79 ml salt, flaky sea salt (or to taste)
- 4.92 ml coarse black pepper
- 1Heat oven to 400 deg F/200 deg Celsius.
- 2(It's easiest to buy a prepared frozen pack of raw shrimps: these are easily defrosted in a sieve under a cold tap. Otherwise defrost overnight. Pat dry. You CAN use cooked prawns, but they are never as nice as when prepared from raw).
- 3Clean and peel potatoes, then slice into fairly thick rounds, about 1/3" thick. If using baby potatoes, keep whole and don't peel.
- 4In a bowl, toss the potato slices with the oil until the slices are coated. You may need more oil. Pack the slices flat in an oven dish, and put into the preheated oven. Roast for 25 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- 5While the potatoes bake, toss the shrimps in butter in a hot pan, until they curl up and turn pink. This takes only a few minutes. You could add garlic if you like, and when you take the pan off the heat, sprinkle them with flaky sea salt. They can wait in the pan.
- 6In a bowl, whisk together the cream, mayonnaise, lime or lemon juice and zest, mustard and parsley, until smooth. If too thick, add a bit of milk. Taste for seasoning!
- 7Arrange the golden-brown potato slices on a warmed serving plate. Season well with flaky salt (you always need more of flaky salt, which is coarse, than fine salt).
- 8Scatter the shrimps over the potato slices, and drizzle with the dressing. Sprinkle over the coarse black pepper.
- 9Serve! Great with a tomato-and-onion salad, and fresh baguettes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Roast Potato and Shrimp Salad
Serving Size: 1 (553 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 795.5
- Calories from Fat 381
- Total Fat 42.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 278.8 mg
- Sodium 2338.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 32.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: