Recipe by barb63
I got this recipe from a friend about 10 years ago. It has become a family favourite. It is a great replacement for potatoes or pasta and works well as a side dish at a BBQ. Not for those on a diet though!
Top Review by Magpie Jo
We really enjoyed this. My DD, who is quite picky, gave it a thumbs up and a 5 and so did the rest of us. It is very easy and made a lot. I used 3 teaspoons of granulated garlic instead of fresh but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. It makes for great left overs. I will be making this often. Thank you barb63, we think this will become one of our family favourites too.
- 3 cups rice
- 300 ml cream
- 1 red capsicums or 1 green capsicum, cut in rings
- 1 1⁄2 liters chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Melt butter with oil in frying pan.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until onion is clear.
- Add rice and cook until covered in oil and lightly golden.
- Add chicken stock and cook until tender- approx 11 minutes.
- Drain the rice and put 1/2 in an ovenproof dish.
- Add a layer of capsicum, cheese and cream.
- Do another layer and finish the top with cheese, capsicum and more cream.
- Bake until golden- approx 30 minutes.