An unusual topping for vanilla ice cream. I like this one slightly spicy.
Make and share this Warm Rhubarb, Red Banana, and Blackberry Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- Brown the butter over medium high heat in a sauté pan.
- When brown add bay leaf, orange juice, and brown sugar.
- Swirl sugar and butter over heat until sugar melts.
- Add the rhubarb and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the rest of the fruit and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, cinnamon, and Tabasco.
- Serve immediately- excellent served over vanilla ice cream.
- Makes 4 servings.
I was very intriqued by this recipe in it's use of fruit along with savory spices. I never would have thought to add these things together, but they truly work. Excellent either over frozen vanilla yogurt/icecream, or by itself. I did opt out of using Tabasco as I'm not a fan. :-) Made for FrenchForum's Herb of the Month - Bay~
This was so intreging I just HAD to make it. I topped a homemade vanilla icecream with this and can safely say it was LOVED by all even the ones that are afraid of hot stuff and the little ones