1/3 Photos of Warm Raspberry Red Wine Sauce for Fish, Chicken, or Pork
This sauce is a great addition to the wonderful smoked flavors of cedar planked salmon. It is a spiced up version of a recipe I found on the Web. The original version was sour and bitter so I added a bit of sweetening and heat to perk it up and bring out its fruity goodness! It is also good with white fish and chicken. I might even try it on pork if I was so inclined.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine wine and raspberries in a large sauce pan and stir often, crushing berries as the liquid heats up.
- 2Bring to a boil for 3 or so minutes.
- 3Lower liquid to a simmer and reduce, stirring often, until the sauce is thick and syrupy.
- 4Stir in sugar to taste. It should taste tart, not sour and not sweet like jelly.
- 5Stir in chipotle powder to taste.
- 6Set aside to cool.
- 7Drizzle sauce over grilled cedar planked salmon or atop other fish, chicken or pork.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Raspberry Red Wine Sauce for Fish, Chicken, or Pork
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 0.5 g