Recipe by kelly in TO
The daily green.
Top Review by Shaari23
I made this for tonight's holiday dinner. I agree with ChefTweaker's suggestion of doubling the dressing-and also I think not using as much quinoa might help as well. Otherwise-this was quite tasty and a great filling-low calorie dish. I'll make it again :-)
- 1 1⁄2 cups quinoa
- 3 1⁄4 cups plus 3 tablespoons water
- 1 (10 ounce) bag broccoli florets
- 2⁄3 cup chopped carrot (about 1 large)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In sieve, rinse quinoa with cold running water. In 3-quart saucepan, combine quinoa, 3 cups water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until water is absorbed. Transfer quinoa to large bowl.
- Meanwhile, place broccoli and 1/4 cup water in microwave-safe medium bowl; cover and cook in microwave oven on High 4 to 5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Drain; add to quinoa in bowl.
- In blender, combine carrot, ginger, vegetable oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, remaining 3 tablespoons water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; blend until pureed. Add to quinoa and broccoli and toss to combine. Serve salad warm or at room temperature.