Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Absolutely yummy, and suitable to include with almost any other offerings as a side dish or to take to a barbecue.
- 500 g fresh pumpkin or 500 g butternut squash
- 500 g kumara (sweet potato)
- 50 g pine nuts
- 100 g feta
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- Skin pumpkin and kumara. Dice into large cubes and either 1) boil until just cooked, or 2) if you have enough time, roast vegetables until just cooked instead.
- Toast pine nuts under a broiler (grill) until it smells like popcorn when they'll be just browning. Give them a shuffle every few minutes to keep them turned while they're toasting.
- Dice feta into smaller cubes.
- Mix together the oil, balsamic and wholegrain mustard. Toss the pumpkin, kumara, feta and pine nuts with the dressing and serve.
This is devine! I could not put my fork down! I used a mixture of butternut and acorn squash. I roasted it. I also used pecans instead of pinenuts. My mustard was Dijon.
I could eat this everynight... Wow, thank you for posting this recipe KiwiWorkingMum!