Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this recipe from Southern Living (January 2006). It's a fast and easy lunch or dinner that everyone in my family seems to enjoy. It's also fairly low cal and low fat, so can be enjoyed without guilt. Since 'Zaar doesn't seem to recognize most of the ingredients in the ntrition calculator, here is the nutrition info from the magazine: Calories: 233 (35% from fat) Fat: 9.4g (sat 4.4g,mono 2.5g,poly 0.5g) Protein: 13.5g Carbohydrate: 24.9g Fiber: 1.4g Cholesterol: 30mg Iron: 2.4mg Sodium: 648mg Calcium: 133mg
- 1 (9 ounce) round loaf focaccia bread
- 3 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces thinly sliced muenster cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup bottled roasted red pepper, drained and diced
- 2 tablespoons light balsamic vinaigrette
- Cut bread in half horizontally, using a serrated knife. Top bottom bread half with prosciutto and next 3 ingredients. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette; cover with top bread half. Wrap in aluminum foil; place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until warm. Cut foccacia into six wedges. Serve immediately.
I used a ciabatta and cut it into 1/8ths. I doubled everything because of the size of the ciabatta but didn't double the spinach (it was too hard to keep from falling off when piled too high. Will bake for 30 min next time. Great recipe!