Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Everyday Food.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- coarse salt and pepper
- 6 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 -3 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- Place potatoes in a large pot; cover with water by 1 inch, and add 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and cook until potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. With a wire skimmer or slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to a large bowl (reserve water in pot).
- To the simmering water, add green beans, and cook until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and add to potatoes, along with mayonnaise, vinegar, scallion, and carrot. Toss to combine, and lightly mash; season with salt and pepper, and serve warm.