Recipe by Cathleen Colbert
from Family Circle magazine. I would use my George Foreman to prepare the sausages.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small white potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 large leek, cleaned and thinly sliced,both white and green parts
- 2 small shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet Italian sausage links
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, combine potatoes with enough cold water to cover by 1 inch.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt and simmer 30 minutes until fork tender.
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add leeks, shallots, and garlic and saute 3 minutes until slightly softened and remove from heat.
- Drain potatoes; slice and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add leek mixture to potatoes and toss to coat.
- Add parsley.
- Cover to keep warm.
- In a separate bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, remaining salt, pepper and 1/3 cup oil.
- Pour dressing over salad.
- Grill sausages for 6 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F; let stand 2 minutes.
- Slice sausage on the diagonal and add to potato salad.