Recipe by dk683
Wonderful variation on your classic potato salad recipe. This one does not use mayo, instead you get much of the flavor from crumbled bacon and the rendered fat. :-)
- 4 -5 russet potatoes
- 6 slices streaky bacon, cubed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the potatoes at 400 degrees F. for about an hour, or until they are fork tender.
- Once the potatoes have cooled, scoop out the fluffy interior into a large bowl.
- In a frying pan, fry the chopped bacon until browned and golden in the olive oil. Reserve it on a paper-towel lined plate or pan.
- Take the frying pan off the heat and add the vinegar to about 3 Tbs. of the bacon drippings.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes, add the bacon, parsley, salt and cayenne.
- Serve warm.