Recipe by Chef Suz in Bekond
This recipe comes from the book, "The Vegetables of Spring and Summer". I have a DH who needs to watch his colesteral and this recipe is great. Wonderful for BBQs.
Top Review by geotammy
This was very tasty and was a hit with the whole family (includes two teenagers). I didn't have grainy mustard so I used dijon but I think I should have used about 2 teaspoons instead of one, for more flavour.
- 2 lbs new potatoes (small as possible skins on)
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint
Lemon and Chive Vinaigrette
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 6 spring onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes in pan with mint and salt.
- About 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking crush garlic and add salt.
- Gradually whisk in all the other dressing ingredients.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain them in colander and transfer them to a serving bowl.
- Pour on the vinaigrette dressing while the are still hot.
- Toss in dressing till all potatoes are coated.
- Finally scatter in the chopped chives and spring onions.
- Serve warm.