Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Try this simple recipe for tender new potatoes tossed in a sweet honey vinaigrette. A good accompaniment to fish or chicken.
- 1 lb new potato, scraped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 red pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
For the warm honey dressing
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, finely diced
- 1⁄2 lime, zest of
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water, season with salt and bring to a boil. Cook the potatoes until tender, around 10-15 minutes; drain.
- Mix the olive oil with the honey, garlic, ginger, lime zest, mustard and vinegar.
- Using a fork very lightly break the warm potatoes. Add the peppers and chives and mix in the honey dressing. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.