Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
This is a wonderful warm potato salad. There is NO mayonnaise in this recipe which makes it perfect for picnics or get togethers outside. This is the classic potato salad served in bistros throughout France, sometimes with a mound of watercress alongside.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tiny new potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar, best quality
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, snipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the potatoes in the top part of a vegetable steamer and cook over simmering water until they are just tender when pierced, about 15-20 min, depending on the size.
- Meanwhile, whisk together 1/2 cup of the oil, 2 Tbs of the vinegar, the wine, a generous teaspoon of kosher salt and several turns of black pepper. Set aside.
- Transfer the cooking potatoes to a work surface and let cool slightly.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 3/8-inch thick slices.
- Put the potatoes in a shallow serving dish and pour the oil and vinegar mixture over them.
- Set aside for 20-30 minute Do not refrigerate you want this to be warm.
- Meanwhile, make the final dressing.
- Put the remaining olive oil, vinegar, shallots, parsley, and the chives into a small bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the marinating potaotes and toss.
- Taste and correct the seasoning if necessary.