Recipe by pattikay in L.A.
From Moosewood New Classics.
Top Review by katia
Wordeful flavour! I enjoyed so much! I didn't use any cheese and I served over arugula and lettuce. I used dried thyme and reduced the olive oil a bit. Excellent, I had it with a slamon fillet and this was an amazing dinner! Thanks for sharing Pattikay in L.A.
- 4-6 potatoes (2 lbs)
- 29.58 ml minced shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 44.37 ml cider vinegar
- 2.46 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml minced fresh thyme (1 t dried)
- 29.58 ml small capers
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- arugula, rinsed and stemmed
- ricotta salata, crumbled (can substitute romano or parmesan)
Directions See How It's Made
- scrub the potatoes and peel them if you wish.
- slice in half lengthwise and cut cross-wise into 1/2 inch thick semi-circles.
- place them in a pot with salted cold water to cover and bring to a boil.
- reduce heat, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes, till just tender.
- meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.
- When the potatoes are tender, drain them and place in a serving bowl.
- pour on the dressing and toss well.
- serve immediately on a bed of arugula and top ricotta salata.