From Moosewood New Classics.
Make and share this Warm Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -6 potatoes (2 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme (1 t dried)
- 2 tablespoons small capers
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- arugula, rinsed and stemmed
- ricotta salata, crumbled (can substitute romano or parmesan)
- scrub the potatoes and peel them if you wish.
- slice in half lengthwise and cut cross-wise into 1/2 inch thick semi-circles.
- place them in a pot with salted cold water to cover and bring to a boil.
- reduce heat, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes, till just tender.
- meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.
- When the potatoes are tender, drain them and place in a serving bowl.
- pour on the dressing and toss well.
- serve immediately on a bed of arugula and top ricotta salata.
Wordeful flavour! I enjoyed so much! I didn't use any cheese and I served over arugula and lettuce. I used dried thyme and reduced the olive oil a bit. Excellent, I had it with a slamon fillet and this was an amazing dinner! Thanks for sharing Pattikay in L.A.