Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Add 1 small red onion, cut into wafer-thin slices, to this salad when you pour over the dressing for a change.
- 500 g baby new potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 unwaxed lemon, juice and zest of, finely grated
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 12-15 mins until just tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the mustard with the lemon zest and juice.
- Slowly whisk in the oil to form a smooth emulsion.
- Season to taste.
- Drain the potatoes and tip into a large bowl.
- Drizzle over the dressing and gently mix.
- Leave to stand for 15 mins to allow the potatoes to absorb the flavours.
- To serve, stir the parsley and spring onions into the potatoes.
- Season to taste and serve immediately.