Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
from food and wine 6/05
Make and share this Warm Potato Leek Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb small fingerling potato
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 medium leeks, white and tender green parts only, split lengthwise then cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup snipped chives
- In a large bowl, whisk the mustard with the vinegar. Whisk in the canola oil in a thin stream and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring 2 medium saucepans of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes to one and cook for 20 minutes.
- Simultaneously, cook the asparagus and leeks in the other saucepan for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry; add to the vinaigrette. Drain the potatoes and slice 1/2 inch thick; add to the bowl.
- Add the chives, season with salt and pepper and gently toss the salad. Serve warm.
I had my inlaws over for dinner and this certainly impressed! DH said it was the best meal he ever had, too. My MIL loved it so much, she is making for a family reunion this Sat. She just had it at my house 3 days ago:) Thanks so much for my new favorite recipe.
I made this exactly as written and it is great! I made it thinking I would be the only one eating it, but the whole family loved it. No leftovers for me. Thanks for sharing!
This was great. I could not find fresh asparagus, so I used frozen spears and just added them to the hot potatoes and hot dressing. That was enough to soften the asparagus to "al dente" status. The mustard dressing is definitely a keeper!