from food and wine 6/05
Make and share this Warm Potato Leek Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb small fingerling potato
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 medium leeks, white and tender green parts only, split lengthwise then cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup snipped chives
- In a large bowl, whisk the mustard with the vinegar. Whisk in the canola oil in a thin stream and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring 2 medium saucepans of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes to one and cook for 20 minutes.
- Simultaneously, cook the asparagus and leeks in the other saucepan for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry; add to the vinaigrette. Drain the potatoes and slice 1/2 inch thick; add to the bowl.
- Add the chives, season with salt and pepper and gently toss the salad. Serve warm.