Smoky-sweet grilled pineapple gives this All-American dessert a tropical treat. Recipe is from Ladies Home Journal. For a more-adult version, substitute 2 T rum for the extract.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) jar caramel sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 (4 lb) fresh pineapple (peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch thick rounds)
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 lb peanut brittle (or macadamia-nut brittle, broken into small pieces)
- 1In medium bowl, combine caramel sauce, extract, cinnamon and nutmeg; cover and set aside.
- 2Heat grill to medium high.
- 3In a large bowl, sprinkle sugar over pineapple, let stand 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 4Grill pineapple (reserve bowl with juices), turning once, until grill marked and heated through, about 8 minutes.
- 5Cut each round into 8 triangles, add to reserved bowl with juices and toss to coat.
- 6Serve warm or chilled over ice cream with rum-caramel sauce and brittle.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Pineapple Sundaes With Rum-Caramel Sauce & Nut Brittle
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.6
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Sodium 185.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 42.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: