Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve with pretty orange slices if you'd like to decorate your "mug". Just a warm comfy type of drink for holidays or cold winter evenings. You can also make this ahead of time and then reheat on the stove before serving. Just make sure to give it a good stir.
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups orange juice (no pulp)
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 navel orange, sliced
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, juices and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the cinnamon stick and heat through.
- Remove cinnamon stick before serving.
- Serve warm or place in a carafe to keep warm.
- Garnish with an orange slice in each mug.
Since I'm not a coffee mugger, it's drinks like this (well, other than smoothies, but then, they're cold!) that can satisfy me! The only change I made was to add another tablespoon of pucker juice, 'cause we love the taste of lemon! THIS IS A REALLY GREAT BEVERAGE, & the recipe, a definite keeper! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders]
I was pleasantly surpised at how fruity this tasted with the added water. I thought for sure it would be watered down tasting. One of the better warm fruity drinks I have had.Not over spiced. Made for Photo Tag
This is a lovely drink for cold evenings. Was very easy to make and the cinnamon adds a lovely flavor.